For the second year in a row, San Carlos will participate in Peninsula League Fall Ball, starting the weekend of September 8-10th and running through the first weekend in November. Fall Ball is a less intense, but still competitive and developmental program that helps keep our girls sharp on the field and enjoying softball throughout the year. Another goal of Fall Ball is to help ease the transition from one division to the next.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR TOUR INTEREST!
Also note that coach registration is on this same form.
DEADLINES: Those interested in coaching must register by July 31, and all players must register by August 11th. These are firm deadlines, so please plan accordingly.
Our intent is to find a team for every girl who registers for Fall Ball, but teams are dependent upon the volume of player registrations and the number of qualified (ASA-certified) coaching volunteers. So coaches, please volunteer ASAP so we can start to form up teams!
Fall Ball frequently asked questions:
- What does Fall Ball cost? While we don't have final numbers, costs are estimated to be in the range of $100 - $200 for eight weeks of games. Fees cover jerseys, field costs, and umpire fees.
- Which divisions will play Fall Ball? We anticipate fielding teams at the 8U (i.e, AAA level, typically those who will be second and third graders in the upcoming school year), 10U, and 12U divisions. There are no AA or tee ball divisions for Fall Ball.
- What is the game format? We typically play one doubleheader per week against another peninsula team.
- On what days of the week are games played? Games are being planned for Sundays (8U and 10U) and Friday nights/Saturday afternoons and evenings (12U).
- Will there be team practices? Head coaches will determine whether and when teams will practice.
- Will there be a playoff at the end of the season? Yes, there should be a single elimination playoff at the end of the season during the first week of November.
- Is Fall Ball associated with the Force summer program? No, Fall Ball is completely independent from the Force summer program.
- Will there be tryouts? No tryouts for Fall Ball this year. Our intent is to take all registrants (pending qualified coach availability). Head coaches will select their teams from registered players.
- Against what cities will we play? San Bruno, Millbrae, San Mateo, Foster City, Redwood City, Mtn View/Los Altos, Half Moon Bay and Pacifica.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.